The healthdirect website includes the following information and tools:
- Specific information on the new 2019-nCoV coronavirus, including symptoms, spread, rate of infection, diagnosis and treatment.
- healthdirect blog “FAQs about the Wuhan novel coronavirus (2019-nDoV) outbreak” – can be shared on your social media, will be updated as required.
- healthdirect Symptom Checker guides you to the appropriate healthcare action, updated with information on novel coronavirus. Also available on the healthdirect app.
The following helplines are also available:
- Call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 for people with questions regarding prevention and the spread of coronavirus.
- Call the healthdirect helpline on 1800 022 222 to speak to a registered nurse who can provide advice when you’re not sure what to do — whether you should see a local GP, manage the condition at home, or go to an emergency department, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
A new HealthPathways has been created for Gippsland clinicians to access coronavirus assessment and referral information.
Clinicians can now access novel coronavirus assessment and referral information through HealthPathways Gippsland https://gippsland.healthpathways.org.au/709101.htm
GPs and Health Professionals who may not have already requested access to Gippsland HealthPathways https://gippsland.healthpathways.org.au/LoginFiles/RequestLogin.aspx?topic=RequestAccess
In other news, North West PHN is hosting a webinar around coronavirus on Thursday 13 February from 7-8pm. The webinar is entitled Novel Coronavirus – Practical measures for general practice staff. To find out more, go to https://www.facebook.com/events/s/novel-coronavirus-practical-me/2535279903262124/