Please click on any item below to view more information about training or workshops that can be requested.
As a part of the Latrobe Health Innovation Zone: Early Detection and Screening including Tobacco Initiative there is an opportunity for practice nurses to undergo the required training to become a Registered Cervical Screen Nurse. Family Planning Victoria are providing a tailored three-day intensive training specific for nurses. The upcoming training will be in Latrobe and with limited places, invitations are open to nurses via an Expression of interest process, with no associated cost.
What the training offers:
- Anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology in relation to cervical screening.
- The impact of Human papillomavirus.
- Primary and secondary prevention of cervical cancer and population-based screening.
- Cervical screening consultation and communication skills.
- Screening vulnerable and diverse populations.
- Management of results and your medico-legal responsibilities.
- Certificate of Competency: Cervical Screening
- Eligibility to apply for Nurse Cervical Screening Certificate with Cancer Council Victoria.
- Total Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours 32
Please note, this project is part of the Latrobe Health Innovation Zone, for which primary places were open for Latrobe based nurses. Upon limited vacancies additional places are now open to nurses within all regions of Gippsland. In the event of maximum capacity please view Cancer Council’s Scholarship opportunity for Cervical Screening Training: https://www.cancervic.org.au/for-health-professionals/cervical-screening-providers/nurse-scholarships
|Expression of Interest Opens||Monday 7th October 2019|
|Expression of Interest Closes||Friday 11th October 2019|
|Notification of successful Nurses||Monday 14th October 2019|
|Day 1 Training Attendance 9am-5pm (Gippsland PHN, Traralgon)||Monday 25th November 2019|
|Day 2 Training Attendance 9am-5pm (Clinical Day at Federation University, Churchill)||Tuesday 26th November 2019|
|Day 3 Training Attendance 9am-5pm (Gippsland PHN, Traralgon)||Wednesday 27th November 2019|
If you are interested please fill in the Expression of Interest form below
This is a FREE 3 hour Workshop for SIX people only at each practice. Gippsland Regional Palliative Care Consortium (GRPCC) and Gippsland PHN are partnering to provide training to general practitioners and practice nurses on evidence based therapeutic communications skills in the context of palliative care and Voluntary Assisted Dying (VAD). The communication skills learned within these workshops are transferable across the breadth of care for all patients.
What the workshop offers:
- Evidence based communication skills to use when discussing the transition to palliative care or VAD with cancer patients, their families and friends
- The opportunity to practice skills in a safe environment using professionally trained actors
- Small groups and the ability to meet individual learning objectives
RACGP Activity Number pending
RACGP 6 Category 2 points and ACRRM 3 Core Points
If you are interested in booking this workshop please fill in the Expression of Interest form below.
Let us know what your education requirements are by submitting the form below.