Gippsland PHN is pleased to offer Scholarship Grants of up to $10,000.00 for Practice Nurses in General Practices across Gippsland.
The Scholarship will provide practice nurses with an opportunity to undertake further study and enable them to increase their scope of clinical practice or become medical administrators.
General Practices will be invited to apply for a Practice Nurse Scholarship(s) to undertake following courses at the University of Melbourne:
- Graduate Certificate of Primary Care Nursing (4 subjects Cost $10,240); or
- a single unit subject of the Graduate Certificate of Primary Care Nursing ($2,592 non-Assessed Mode/$3,236 Assessed Mode) as follows:
- Immunisation and Travel Health
- Clinical Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Adolescent Sexuality and Sexual Health
- Young People in Context
- Community Mental Health
- Mental Health Nursing 1
- Assessment in Mental Health Nursing
- Quality and Safety in Healthcare
- Advanced Nursing Practice: Primary Care
- Women’s Health Screening
- Significant Issues in Women’s Health
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Sexually Transmissible Infections
- Short Course: Immunisation (Nurse Immuniser) which, upon completion, enables a nurse to practice as a nurse immuniser ($825.00).
The Scholarship will support the cost of course fees and related incidental expenses up to $500.00. If both items are applied for, the total per General Practice must not exceed $10,000.00.
Other courses, including Medical/General Practice Administration, will also be considered provided that the rationale meets the following criteria:
- The study area is not available at the University of Melbourne
- The Practice Nurse cannot reasonably undertake the course because it is not offered online or they cannot meet the Course’s practical placement requirements and the proposed course can.
- The course of study provides the Practice Nurse with a Medical/General Practice Administration qualification.
- To increase the capacity of Gippsland General Practices to address Gippsland PHN’s population health and service priorities to:
- enhance the efficiency of Gippsland-based General Practices during business hours, thus reducing demand for after-hours services;
- to reach the immunisation target of 95% of children being fully immunised for all age-groups and for sub-groups of the population.
Scholarships open 4 March 2019 and close 1 April 2019.
Download the Practice Nurse Scholarship application form.