Do you want to make a positive difference in the life of someone you know?
Gippsland PHN, in partnership with the Black Dog Institute and the Department of Health and Human Services, is offering free online training in suicide prevention to help you identify the warning signs of someone at risk, give you the confidence to speak to them about their thoughts and provide you with the tools to connect them with professional care.
The training is offered by QPR (Question, Persuade and Refer) and is a short, self-paced course you can do from home.
All people living, working or studying in Gippsland are eligible for the free registration. This course is suitable for people that have not completed any prior training in suicide prevention or Mental Health First Aid.
To access the course, simply follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to: lifespan.qprtraining.com/setup
2. Enter the organisation code GIPPS
3. Select Create Account
4. Complete and submit the student registration form using your usual email address
5. QPR will display and email your newly created Username and Password
6. Students can log in to begin training at lifespan.qprtraining.com
If you or someone you know needs help contact:
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
- beyondblue Support Service – 1300 224 365
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
- MensLine – 1300 789 987
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800
- Qlife – 1800 184 527
To access professional mental health support in Gippsland, speak to your local doctor.