The aim of the program is to improve the health and wellbeing of people in rural and remote Australia.
The objectives are to:
- Provide and maintain access to supplementary allied health and primary care services that are based on identified need in each community;
- Promote coordinated, multi-disciplinary team based approaches to the provision of integrated primary health care services;
- Establish and maintain effective community consultation practices for the planning, management, flexible delivery and ongoing review of the Place Based Flexible Funding program;
- Provide and maintain access to relevant health promotion and prevention health programs and activities to promote health and wellbeing;
- Encourage people in rural and remote Australia to adopt or modify behaviours to better manage their health and wellbeing.
Seven agencies are funded to provide range of allied health services – for more information on this program, contact Cassandra Morrell, Regional Services Officer on 0408 786 187 or firstname.lastname@example.org