The information on this page provides guidance on resources to assist when treating, managing and referring patients with hepatitis C. Please refer to specialised pages at all times for the most up-to-date information, this page is provided as a link to resources.
Managing Hepatitis C in Primary Care
- Training in the diagnosis, treatment and ongoing management of people with chronic hepatitis C infection.
- ASHM Hepatitis C Training, Information and Resource
The Chronic Hepatitis C Health Pathways Gippsland is available and provides relevant and evidence-based information on how to treat, monitor and refer patients with Hepatitis C. Please refer to this page for the most up-to-ate information.
Clinical Guidance Summary
- Australian Recommendations for the Management of Hepatitis C Virus Infections: The most up-to-date consensus Statement can be viewed at The Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA)
- Download the Clinical guidance for treating hepatitis C virus infection: a summary from GESA
Hep C Care Plan Templates
|Patient Recall Letter||Best Practice||Medical Director||Zedmed|
|Care Plan Template||Best Practice||Medical Director||Zedmed|
Opening these templates outside medical software may corrupt the coded fields – import into your medical software prior to opening.
- PBS General Statement for Drugs for the Treatment of Hepatitis C.
Outlines patient eligibility criteria for PBS subsided direct-acting antivirals for the treatment of hepatitis C.
- Clinical guidance for treating hepatitis C virus infection: a summary
A wallchart for GPs summarising clinical guidance for treating Hepatitis C virus infection with a checklist for pre-treatment assessment of people with Hepatitis C virus infection may be viewed and downloaded.
- Hepatitis C Medicines Fact Sheet for Community Based Prescribers
Outlines PBS requirements for GPs prescribing direct-acting antivirals for the treatment of hepatitis C.
- Hepatitis C Medicines Fact Sheet for Community Pharmacy Dispensers
Details prescription requirements for PBS subsided direct-acting antivirals for the treatment of hepatitis C.
Be free from Hep C
General and treatment information for people living with hepatitis C.
Easy to use tools aimed at keeping your liver well.
Hepatitis C Medicines Fact Sheet for Consumers
- Hepatitis C Medicine facts for consumers
- Hepatitis C Prevention for Injecting Drug Users
Information on safer injecting practices can be found on this page additionally other resources can also be found on this website.
Needle Exchange in Gippsland can be found via DirectLine, however, please note these are subject to change. They can also be found at Latrobe Community Health Service and Latrobe Regional Health.
Need more assistance?
A Hepatitis C Clinical Nurse Consultant from Latrobe Community Health Service is available to assist GPs with remote consultations and prescribing the direct-acting antiviral agents.
Latrobe Community Health Service
Phoebe Trinidad, Hepatitis C Clinical Nurse Consultant
Morwell Centre: 81-87 Buckley Street, Morwell 3840
M: 0457 198 973 | T: 1800 242 696
Hepatic Clinical Nurse Consultant
Latrobe Regional Hospital
Phone: 5173 8317 | Fax 5173 8099
Resources containing useful information about assessment, treatment, monitoring and adherence: