What are the five eligibility requirements for the Practice Incentive Program eHealth Incentive?
Requirement 1—Integrating Healthcare Identifiers into Electronic Practice Records
The practice must:
- Apply to Human Services to obtain a Healthcare Provider Identifier–Organisation (HPI–O) for the practice, and store the HPI–O in a compliant clinical software system;
- Ensure that each general practitioner within the practice has their Healthcare Provider Identifier–Individual (HPI–I) stored in a compliant clinical software system; and
- Use a compliant clinical software system to access, retrieve and store verified Individual Healthcare Identifiers (IHI) for presenting patients.
Requirement 2—Secure Messaging Capability
The practice must have a standards-compliant secure messaging capability to electronically transmit and receive clinical messages to and from other healthcare providers, use it where feasible, and have a written policy to encourage its use in place.
To find a list of compliant secure messaging packages please click on the Digital Health Incentive Product Register for the Practice Incentive Program (PIP) eHealth Incentive. Compliant Secure Messaging Product Register.
Requirement 3—Data Records and Clinical Coding
Practices must ensure that where clinically relevant, they are working towards recording the majority of diagnoses for active patients electronically, using a medical vocabulary that can be mapped against a nationally recognised disease classification or terminology system. Practices must provide a written policy to this effect to all GPs within the practice.
Requirement 4—Electronic Transfer of Prescriptions
The practice must ensure that the majority of their prescriptions are sent electronically to a Prescription Exchange Service (PES).
Requirement 5—My Health Record system
The practice must:
- Use compliant software for accessing the My Health Record system, and creating and posting shared health summaries and event summaries
- Apply to participate in the My Health Record system upon obtaining a HPI–O
- Upload a shared health summary for a minimum of 0.5% of the practice’s standardised whole patient equivalent (SWPE) count of patients per PIP payment quarter
Preparing for the ePIP
As part of legislative requirements to participate and access the My Health Record there are a number of written policies that must be implemented in your practice.
Download a list of mandatory policies to participate in the My Health Record and additional policies required to claim the PIP eHealth incentive.
The RACGP has released digital health resources on the revised ePIP. This includes templates for each of the policies required to claim the PIP eHealth incentive.