The Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) is a free program funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health. The ATAPS program provides access to effective, low cost treatment for people with a mental illness who may not otherwise be able to access services. ATAPS is a component of the Better Outcomes for Mental Health program which commenced in 2001.
The objectives of ATAPS are;
Who is eligible for ATAPS?
ATAPS is for any individual with mild to moderate mental illness who would benefit from short term focused psychological strategies.
The client must meet the key eligibility criteria;
Download the ATAPS brochure.
Referring into the ATAPS program
Referrers are required to;
There are other agencies providing services within their geographic locations. They are:
- Bass Coast Health – mental health service for adults, young people and children. Phone 03 5671 3278
- Orbost Regional Health – mental health service for general population. Phone 03 5154 6666
- Gippsland Lakes Community Health – mental health service for children. Phone 03 5152 0020
- Migdala House, Warragul – child and adult services. Phone 03 5622 0716
- Yarram District Health Service – providing a mental health service for adults and children. Ph 03 5182 0333
- South Gippsland Hospital (Foster) – child and adult services. Phone 03 56839780
- Latrobe Community Health Centre (Morwell) – mental health service for general population. Phone 1800 242 696
- Victorian Counselling and Psychological Services (Mallacoota and surrounds) – Telepsychology. Phone 03 9419 7172