Population health planning is a core function of Gippsland PHN with the purpose of understanding the health needs of the region. See the Department of Health PHN web site for general information about population health and PHNs.
Needs assessment work is an on-going annual reporting requirement to the Department of Health. Gippsland PHN submitted its first Needs Assessment Report in March 2016 and an update was submitted to the Department of Health in November 2016.
Download the November 2016 Needs Assessment update.
The needs assessment highlighted multiple and complex priorities for Gippsland’s health system and priorities for action by Gippsland PHN during 2016-18 were identified. They are summarised in the Gippsland PHN Priorities 2016-18 Snapshot. View a condensed version identifying the priorities.
Results from a community survey in September 2016 – the ‘Tell Maria Gippsland Health Survey’ – formed an important part of the update. That survey is now closed, but on-going input can be still be provided by clicking here.
- Brief Population Health Profile for Gippsland
- Local Government Area Snapshots:
- Needs Assessment Qualitative Report
- Department of Health PHN
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census Quick Stats
- The DHHS Health and Wellbeing planning guides
- Gippsland Health Online
- Central West Gippsland Primary Care Partnership
- East Gippsland Primary Care Partnership
- South Coast Primary Care Partnership
- Wellington Primary Care Partnership
- Bass Coast Shire Council
- Baw Baw Shire Council
- East Gippsland Council
- Latrobe City
- South Gippsland Shire Council
- Wellington Shire Council
Please feel free to contact Maria Garrett, Population Health Planner, 0447 206 817 or firstname.lastname@example.org