The case acquired the virus from outside the region, however the person visited a number of locations in Gippsland during their infectious period – from Sunday 22 to Tuesday 24 August.
These are the Tier 2 Exposure Sites that have been identified associated with this confirmed case:
- Coles, Traralgon Centre Plaza
Sunday 22 August, 11.45am – 12.25pm
- Traralgon Centre Plaza Foodcourt Eastern End
Sunday 22 August, 12.25 – 12.45pm
Friday 27 August, 11.10 – 11.15am
- Woolworths, Seymour Street, Traralgon
Monday 23 August, 5.20 – 5.45pm
Anyone who visited a Tier 2 exposure site during these times should urgently get a COVID-19 test and isolate until they receive a negative result. Continue to monitor for symptoms, get tested again if symptoms appear. You should also fill out the self-assessment form. Check Exposure Sites regularly at https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites.
Local exposure sites will also be updated on the GRPHU Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Gippsland-Region-Public-Health-Unit.
This positive case will now be managed via the COVID Positive Pathway process, which will include regular contact and health monitoring. There are no other people at risk within this person’s household.
The GRPHU is working closely with Latrobe Community Health Service, Latrobe Regional Hospital and Latrobe City Council to establish a pop-up, drive-through testing site in the carpark of the Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium, Ashby Street, Traralgon.
Testing sites operating hours:
- Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium – drive-through 3.30 – 6.30pm today and 9.30am – 5pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. To access this drive-through clinic, traffic can wrap around Catterick Crescent.
- Dorevitch at Latrobe Regional Hospital – drive-through 12pm today, Sunday 29 August.
- TOMORROW MONDAY 29 AUGUST: The Morwell Respiratory Clinic will open at 185-189 Princes Drive, Morwell , 5133 9966 Monday to Friday 8am-4.45pm https://www.hotdoc.com.au/medical-centres/morwell-upper-VIC-3840/the-healthcare-centre-morwell/doctors?purpose=respiratory
If you are experiencing any symptoms, including fever, flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath, or loss of taste or smell, please get tested and stay home until you receive a negative result.
If you have been to an exposure site, have been in close contact with someone who might have COVID-19 and have been directed to quarantine, or feel unwell do not go to a vaccination appointment. You are permitted to seek urgent medical care under any of these circumstances, however attending a vaccination appointment is not considered urgent medical care under the public health guidelines.
Please wait until you receive a negative COVID-19 test result and have completed your quarantine period before getting vaccinated and help keep Gippsland safe.
For more information about the support available to you during isolation and quarantine visit https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/isolation-and-quarantine-extra-help-and-support