PHN staff, state and territory health departments, public health units and other key stakeholders in Australia can now have access to the PHN Immunisations Support Program.
The PHN Immunisation Support Program is a service funded by the Commonwealth Government that focusses on building a community of practice by:
- creating an environment that facilitates collaboration and networking
- providing a hub for accessing resources and expertise
- enabling the sharing of skills and knowledge between experienced and less experienced staff.
The specific program elements identified by the user community are:
- Provision of an online platform that provides access for PHNs across Australia to high-quality resources, education, news and updates, network directories, and that enables PHNs to connect and share ideas
- Development of resources and education where significant gaps are identified
- Facilitation of networking opportunities, such as teleconferences and face-to-face events
- Central coordination of all program activities.
The program will evolve and adapt over time to meet the diverse needs of the community of users. Access can be requested by PHN staff, state and territory health departments, public health units and other key stakeholders in Australia.
For more information visit the PHN Immunisations Support Program website.