Date issued: 14 September 2020
Issued by: Adjunct Clinical Professor Brett Sutton, Chief Health Officer
Issued to: Clinicians and the Victorian public
This Chief Health Officer update is intended to provide clinicians and the Victorian public with information about the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Victoria as well as relevant public health response activities in Victoria. This update will be sent regularly.
Chief Health Officer Alerts will continue to be issued when there are changes to the public health advice related to COVID-19.
- As of 14 September 2020, 35 new cases have been diagnosed since yesterday, with a total number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Victoria is 19,872.
- The overall total has increased by 37 due to two cases being reclassified.
- Today’s 14 daily average case number for metropolitan Melbourne is 54.4 and regional Victoria is 3.9.
- Within Victoria, 12 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 23 are under investigation.
- Sadly, there have been seven new deaths reported since yesterday. To date, 729 people have died from coronavirus (COVID-19) in Victoria.
- There are 4,291 cases that may indicate community transmission, an increase of 6 since yesterday.
- There are 1,075 cases currently active in Victoria. 18,006 people have recovered.
- 122 people are in hospital. This includes 12 patients in intensive care.
- A total of 2,497,710 test results have been received. This is an increase of 8,937 since yesterday.
- You can find further details in today’s coronavirus (COVID-19) media release.
- The DHHS website has full details in the interactive daily report.
- Lower than usual presentation rates at Victorian emergency departments indicate people are putting off urgent medical care. It is important that while we remain vigilant against coronavirus (COVID-19) we don’t neglect our other health needs. Victorian hospitals are safe to attend, and people are urged not to defer seeking medical care if you have symptoms of concern – it may save your life.
Current advice to clinicians
Read the full update: Coronavirus COVID-19 daily update for information on
- COVID-19 testing criteria
- Victoria’s restriction levels
- Key messages for the community
- Clinical information (links)
- Consumer information (links)
- Subscribe now!