Date issued: 21 March 2020
Issued by: Adjunct Clinical Professor Brett Sutton, Chief Health Officer
Issued to: Clinicians and the Victorian public
- As of 0930hrs 21 March 2020, Victoria has 229 total confirmed cases, and no deaths.
- The Victorian Government is working with the Australian Government to ensure that all vital personal protective equipment supplies are appropriately distributed to where they are needed across the Victorian health system
- The Victorian Government has declared a State of Emergency in Victoria.
- The State of Emergency provides the Chief Health Officer with powers to enforce 14-day quarantine for all Australians returning to Australia and to do whatever is necessary to contain the spread of the virus and reduce the risk to the health of Victorians.
- Notification is required, by telephone, for all confirmed cases via 1300 651 160, immediately 24 hours per day.
- From 9pm 20 March 2020, any Australians returning from any country outside Australia should now be considered at risk and are required to self-isolate for 14 days.
- All close contacts of confirmed cases will be contacted by the department and told to home quarantine for 14 days.
Read the full alert: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Update
Authorised by the Victorian Government, 1 Treasury Place, Melbourne.