- This event has passed.
STIs and PrEP: An update for Primary Care (Webinar)
May 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
VHHITAL and Melbourne Sexual Health Centre invite GPs and practice staff to attend the lunchtime webinar on syphilis, gonorrhoea, chlamydia and PrEP in general practice.
Facilitated by Dr Nick Medland, Consultant Sexual Health Physician – Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, this session aims to update and inform healthcare professionals who may see syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia and prescribe PrEP in primary practice.
- Discuss recent trends in syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia rates in Victoria
- Describe the clinical presentation of gonorrhoea, syphilis and chlamydia
- Identify at-risk patients to screen and test for syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia
- Manage patient treatment and follow-up for syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia
- Identify patients for pre-exposure prophylaxis and initiate treatment, monitor renal function and screen for STIs and HIV appropriately
RACGP and ACRRM accredited.
Register via link below.