- This event has passed.
STIs and PrEP: An Update For Primary Care – Webinar
May 21 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
One event on June 25, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Screen, test, and manage syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia with ease
VHHITAL and Melbourne Sexual Health Centre invite GPs and primary healthcare professionals to attend an evening update on Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, Chlamydia and Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) in general practice.
Facilitated by: Dr Melanie Bissessor, Sexual Health Physician – Melbourne Sexual Health Centre
Continuing Professional Development: 4 x RACGP CPD Activity / 2 x ACRRM PDP points. All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify at-risk patients to screen, take a sexual history and test for syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia
- Describe the clinical presentation of gonorrhoea, syphilis and chlamydia
- Correctly perform testing for chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis
- Manage patient treatment, contact tracing and referrals for syphilis, gonorrhoea and chlamydia
- Identify patients for pre-exposure prophylaxis and initiate treatment, monitor renal function and screen for STIs and HIV appropriately
See flyer for other FREE webinar events.