SafeScript Training – Leongatha
March 27 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
From April 2019, the Victoria Government will roll out SafeScript, a new system that provides prescription information to enable the safer supply of high-risk medicines.
To support prescribers and pharmacists across the state, training opportunities are now available. Gippsland PHN will be providing two hour face-to-face training sessions from March 2019.
The training provides an overview of the SafeScript system, discusses high-risk medicines misuse in the community, considers best practice for prescribing and dispensing high-risk medicines, and explores ways of managing people who are at risk of high-risk medicine misuse.
6:00pm Registration & light meal
6:45pm Session 1
7:30pm Session 2 & Session 3 (includes 15 minute break)
8:45pm Q&A Panel Session
OVERVIEW & OUTCOMES
Session 1 – About SafeScript
- List key rationale behind the introduction of SafeScript to monitor supply of Schedule 8 and selected Schedule 4 high-risk medicines.
- Describe how the SafeScript system integrates into your workflow when prescribing/dispensing Schedule 8 and selected Schedule 4 high-risk medicines.
Session 2 – High-risk medicines, clinical practice and challenging conversations
- Describe considerations to take into account, aside from a SafeScript notification or alert, when prescribing or dispensing a high-risk medicine.
- Identify appropriate steps to take when concerns arise about the safety of patients using high-risk medicines.
Session 3 – Challenging conversations
- Identify elements of best practice communication considering individual needs of patients when discussing high-risk prescription medicines.
- Identify components of best practice communication to use with patients when discussing your safety concerns regarding their use of a high-risk medicine.