- This event has passed.
Rural Emergency Skills Training (REST)
July 27 - July 28
This two-day emergency medicine course covers many of the common emergencies in rural practice that are relevant to the pre-hospital, small rural hospital and private rural practice environment.
The Rural Emergency Skills Training (REST) program is conducted by trained emergency medicine instructors experienced in rural general practice.
- Improve participants’ knowledge and confidence of emergency presentations.
- To enhance specific skills related to the initial assessment and stabilization of emergency presentations.
- Learn manual skills applicable to the management of emergency presentations.
- Rehearse the critical thinking required for the structured approach to the critically ill or injured patient.
- Bring about a change in their attitude and approach to emergency presentations in their practice.
- Identify ways that they can continue to practice and prepare for future emergency presentations.
- To generate confidence in the use of principles and skills in emergency care by use of simulation scenarios.