Australian Unity Federation Room
Elder Abuse: innovation, research, policy and practice
Elder abuse is gaining increased attention worldwide due to global population ageing. Prevalence studies in the UK and Canada found approximately 5% of people aged over 65 experience abuse in any one year. The World Health Organization estimates 10% of older people globally are victims of abuse.
Our annual seminar will showcase innovations in policy, practice and research across Australia and in the UK.
- Hon Ken Wyatt, Minister for Aged Care and Minister for Indigenous Health
- Trischia Ritchie and Louise Herft, Aged Rights Advocacy Service
Working with Aboriginal communities to prevent elder abuse
- Dr Claudia Cooper, University College London
Elder abuse in care relationships in the UK
- Dr Kay Patterson, Age Discrimination Commissioner
Final program details available soon.
- General admission – $160 per person (incl. GST)
Early bird $135 per person (incl. GST) until 31st July, 2018
- Concession – $90 per person (incl. GST)
National Ageing Research Institute
P: 03 8384 2305
Download event: iCal