- This event has passed.
Latrobe – Mindframe safe communication workshop for suicide prevention stakeholders
December 3 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
An invitation is extended to communications staff, educators, health promotion, community development, law enforcement and other interested health professionals to attend this education event
Mindframe is the national peak body for safe communication about suicide, mental ill health and alcohol and drug use. Go to www.mindframe.org.au to learn more.
Mindframe works with a variety of stakeholders including community groups to build their capacity to safely respond and communicate about suicide and suicide prevention activities.
Mindframe training is designed to empower and equip individuals or organisations to understand the evidence base around suicide prevention messaging and feel confident in communicating with your local community.
Mindframe training will help you:
- Understand statistics and how to use them in a safe way
- Understand safe use of language
- Understand the risks associated with graphic details around a suicide death
- How to develop a key message in suicide prevention
- How to implement suicide prevention messaging in your community
Rebecca Pryor – Everymind
- To ensure a strong application of the Mindframe guidelines in communications within and about the region.
- Empower local stakeholders to make informed decisions with their proactive suicide prevention messaging via media and other channels (social media, marketing etc.)
- To support local organisations and sectors that work with the media or may be asked to comment to facilitate better understanding about issues to consider when working with the media around mental illness and suicide.