- This event has passed.
Medical Abortion Education and Networking Workshop – Bairnsdale
August 14 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Online Registrations closed – please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to attendance list.
An invitation is extended to General Practitioners, GP Registrars, Medical Students, pharmacists, practice managers, practice nurses and other women’s health professionals to attend this accredited education event.
Medical abortion can be safely and effectively provided in primary care with appropriate follow up and emergency arrangements. With the availability of medication for medical abortion (MS2Step) and the legislative support that enables a woman’s right to choose, primary care providers have an opportunity to incorporate medical abortion care into practice.
The event provides information on the clinical & practice considerations for medical abortion service delivery and the available supports and referral pathways for providers
Join local service providers and Dr Paddy Moore, Head of Abortion & Contraception Services, The Women’s Hospital, Parkville to discuss:
- Clinical & practice considerations for medical abortion service delivery
- Available supports and referral pathways for providers
Dr Paddy Moore, Head of Abortion & Contraception Services, The Royal Women’s Hospital
Cath Hannon, Project Manager – Sexual & Reproductive Health Clinical Champion Project, The Royal Women’s Hospital
Georgina Castles – 1800myoptions
Panel – Local Practitioners
The learning outcomes are:
- Increased clinical knowledge of medical abortion procedures
- Identify essential components of medical abortion service delivery
- Provide information about local abortion pathways in the Gippsland region
- Identify clinical support available to service providers
- Identify the ongoing training and support needs of providers
RACGP Acceditation – 5 Category 2 Points – Activity # 162424
ACRRM Accreditation – 3 Core points – Activity # 17040
6pm – Registration and dinner
6.30pm – Presentation
8.30pm – Q&A
9pm – Close