- This event has passed.
Hepatitis B and C: An Update for Primary Care – Webinar
June 30 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Brought to you by Victorian HIV and Hepatitis Integrated Training and Learning (VHITTAL) and North Western Melbourne PHN (WMPHN).
The essentials of HBV & HCV prevention, diagnosis, management and treatment
This informative and interactive training will aim to improve the confidence of general practitioners to effectively screen, treat and manage patients with hepatitis B and C and to apply the latest clinical information about anti-retro-viral therapy. Also discussed during the evening will be the process and requirements to become a GP HBV s100 Prescriber through the VHHITAL HBV s100 Prescriber Accreditation Program.
Presenter: Dr Nicole Allard – Dr Nicole Allard is a General Practitioner at cohealth, an experienced Hepatitis B S100 Prescriber, and a Postdoctoral Fellow of Doherty Institute Epidemiology Unit. Nicole is not only a clinical advisor and presenter of VHHITAL program, but also a committee member of VHHITAL Governance Group.
Continuing Professional Development: 4 x RACGP CPD Activity / 2 x ACRRM PDP points. All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
- Describe the role of Primary Health Care in the management of hepatitis B and C
- Accurately determine at risk patients and screen for viral hepatitis B and C
- Confidently interpret hepatitis B and C test results and discuss the treatment and referral options for the management of chronic hepatitis B and C
- Discuss with patients the chronic hepatitis B and C treatment options and importance of regular monitoring
- Increase understanding of the impact of stigma and discrimination on client outcomes
See flyer for other FREE webinar events.