Health Service Provider and General Practitioner Networking Session – Sale ***EVENT CANCELLED***
April 20 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
*** This event has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date ***
The objective of Gippsland PHN hosting the GP and Health Service Provider Speed Networking sessions throughout Gippsland will be to inform and introduce GPs to local health service organisations and professionals who can support referral of their patients in a timely and equitable way, and to ensure that services are listed through the Gippsland HealthPathways for ease of referral information.
Gippsland PHN have frequently received feedback from GPs regarding the lack of local updated health service professional referral options.
The events will be held face to face with an opportunity for a health provider to engage for three to five minutes with GPs on a rotational basis to inform of service and referral pathways for patients.
Gippsland PHN Clinical editor Dr Emma Gault will provide an update and overview of the Gippsland HealthPathways program.
- Inform General Practitioners of local health service provider organisations and professionals who can support the referral of patients in a timely and equitable way.
- Outline types of Health Service/s provided, Areas of special interest or expertise; Cost to patient and Referral process and availability (waiting list).
- Relate to health services which are listed through the Gippsland HealthPathways for ease of referral information.
Health Service Providers local to Wellington region confirmed to attend, include:
- AOD Support & Treatment
- Diabetes management
- Diet & Nutrition
- Disabilities & NDIS
- Early Childhood Intervention
- Mental Health Support
- Occupational therapy
- Palliative Care & Carer Support
- Pharmacy & prescribing
- Psychology & Counselling
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Youth Mental Health
- Vision & Mobility specialists