5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
RACV Resort Inverloch
CANCELLED! Unfortunately this event has been cancelled. Interested participants can still attend in Traralgon on Wednesday 19 September – follow link to register, https://www.gphn.org.au/events/health-care-homes-readiness-forum-traralgon/
Health Care Homes (HCH) provides a systematic approach to chronic disease management in primary care using an evidence-based, coordinated, multi-disciplinary model of care. It provides doctors, nurses and other health professionals greater flexibility to shape care around individual patient needs and encourages patients to participate in and direct their own care.
Delivered by Brentnalls Health, this forum will provide general practices with a greater understanding and readiness for implementation of the Health Care Homes (HCH) model. The forums will encourage practices to begin preparing their service delivery models and systems to enable them to effectively adapt to a HCH model.
The HCH Readiness Forums will cover the following key topics:
- Overview of the Health Care Home model
- Opportunities for innovation through HCH
- Financial analysis of the model
- Models for managing the bundled payments
- Preparation and readiness strategies.
- The principles of a Patient Centre Medical Home how it applies to Health Care Homes.
- The innovative service models that are possible through Health Care Homes.
- How the Health Care Homes funding model work.
- How practice involved in the trial phase are managing the bundled payments.
- How to account for the bundled payments and payments to providers.
- How practice can prepare for the Health Care Homes patient cared model of care.
Download event: iCal