6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
The Invy – Esplanade Hotel
NEW DATE! NEW LOCATION! Now Thursday 15th February 2018.
The aim of the GP Palliative Care Workshop is to develop a greater understanding of the palliative approach to care and
its application in general practice.
The interactive workshop will be facilitated by clinicians with extensive palliative care experience.
Workshop will cover:
- Key strategies for identifying individuals in the general practice setting who may be approaching the end of life.
- Strategies for communicating with patients and families about prognosis and goals and preferences for care
- The principles of end of life care, including assessment and management of pain and other common symptoms
- Resources to support general practitioners to provide end of life care
- Self care strategies to effectively manage the personal issues related to working in this field.
The Workshop is the result of a collaboration between Gippsland PHN and the Program of Experience in the
Palliative Approach (PEPA). Funding has been provided by the Australian Government Department of Health. PEPA has been
providing a range of funded clinical education activities, including tailored workshops throughout Australia for over 14 years.
Download event flyer.
Please enter information in the form below to process your registration
Bookings are closed for this event.
Download event: iCal