- This event has passed.
Eating Disorders: Early Intervention & Community Treatment POSTPONED
March 26 @ 8:45 am - 4:00 pm
DUE TO THE IMPACT OF THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. RESCHEDULED DATE TO BE ADVISED.
CDP ACCREDITED ACTIVITY FOR GENERAL PRACTITIONERS!
Gippsland PHN is partnering with The Butterfly Foundation and Eating Disorders Victoria to bring this accredited training to Gippsland General Practitioners. This full-day training is eligible for CPD Points with RACGP and ACRRM.
General Practitioners (GPs) are the first point of call for people who feel they or a loved one may have an eating disorder. However, eating disorders are extremely complex mental illnesses that require some level of specialist knowledge to ensure symptoms are not confused with other conditions.
This activity-based training, including panel of experts and people with a lived experience of an eating disorder, will help in the diagnosis and treatment of eating disorders. To comply with RACGP and ACRRM points and allocation, predisposing and reinforcing activities must be completed pre and post attendance at this event.
1. Coordinate care for a person with an eating disorder with specialist services and community providers.
2. Evaluate the signs and symptoms of the different types of eating disorders.
3. Support patient engagement and disclosure for patients with an undiagnosed eating disorder.
4. Implement the use of HEADDS and SCOFF screening tools.
5. Assess the clinical risks associated with eating disorders.