- This event has passed.
COVID-19 and General Practice: May 2020 *WEBINAR*
May 26 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Gippsland Primary Health Network is hosting a live infection control information webinar from 7.00pm Tuesday 26th May on novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Suitable for general practices across Gippsland, it will be presented by Microbiologist and Infection Prevention and Control Consultant/Educator, Margaret Jennings, using the most up-to-date information available from the Department of Health (DoH) and Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
The update will cover the following:
- Testing is the key – why we are deep diving into the broader community now with sentinel testing?
- What types of testing are currently available and what is the role of a reliable antibody test?
- How we can use the longer incubation time (median 5-6 days compared with influenza 48 hours) to our advantage in reducing community transmission of COVID-19? Contact tracing has been one of our biggest success in Australia.
- How do we manage clusters to reduce broader community transmission?
- Residual effects of infection after recovery – the persistent cough
- What is the simplest hierarchy to remember for precautions? Think of it as a bundle of measures
- Could I be the one who is infectious? Self-check then buddy check, regular testing
- How to put on and take off a full suite of PPE for droplet and contact precautions
- The patient booking and arrival routine – insist on distancing regardless, it’s our most effective measure
- When can the next patient can enter the room after a suspect patient? Why?
There will be a Q&A session at the end of the update.
The webinar will be broadcast from 7.00pm.
This is a changing situation and refer each day to dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus. If you are in any doubt please call the dept 24/7 on 1300 651 160
Register for webinar here