13/11/2017 - 15/11/2017
Karstens Training Facilities
Our 3-Day course teaches health professionals who encounter eating disorders and obesity in the course of their work to offer basic nutritional strategies as part of the management of these conditions.
The course is suitable for counsellors, psychologists, psychotherapists, addiction specialists, doctors, psychiatrists, nurses and social workers at all levels of experience and qualification. (Note: If you are an Accredited Practicing Dietitian our Eating Disorders or Obesity courses are more suitable for you.)
You will learn about
- How nutritional approaches can inform your practice and enhance your work with clients
- How the body uses food and nutrients
- Biochemical imbalances
- Blood sugar and hormone balance
- Digestion and metabolism
- Nutritional education and dietary choices
- Common myths about food, diet and weight control
- Applying your learning to your own relationship with food.
- Working with comorbidities
- Food labelling
- Mindful eating
- A non-diet approach to obesity
- The influence of lifestyle factors
After the course
Health professionals who complete the 3-Day Nutritional Interventions course can become an ACFED approved practitioner. You can choose to be included on our database and receive referrals via our website. Your work in the field of eating disorders and obesity will be in demand, and may increase your profitability if you are in private practice and/or may increase your future employment prospects.
ACFED approved practitioners will be able to use our logo to promote their skills, and they will receive referrals, regular network newsletters and offers.
This course can also be taken in addition to our 5-Day Eating Disorders Essentials course and our 3-Day Obesity Interventions Course to elevate you to Silver or Gold ACFED Approved Practitioner status.
Download event: iCal