- This event has passed.
Practice Manager Network Meeting – Topics in Mental Health – Traralgon
June 14 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
• Management of the challenging patient
• Cycle of Aggression & De-escalation
• Brief overview of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
• Clinical service access pathways including Triage
• Session includes presentation, group activities, short audio-visual content
Susanne Lampitt, RN MHN – Mental Health Education, Training and Consultation
Susanne has over 30 year’s experience as a Registered Mental Health Nurse in a variety of settings and programs. Her qualifications include a Grad Dip in Advanced Clinical Nursing (Mental Health), Bachelor of Nursing, Cert IV in Training & Assessment. She has managed the Mental Health Education & Professional Development Unit for a large public mental health service and currently works part time in Mental Health Promotion. She also provides sessional mental health teaching into the TAFE sector, works privately to provide corporate mental health related education & training. Susanne has extensive experience in mental health training & education, in both development & delivery. She is a passionate advocate for decreasing stigma and increasing mental health literacy across the community. She also holds Principal Master Instructor status with MHFA Australia facilitating a variety of accredited courses.
By the end of the session, participants will:
• Have an understanding & recognition of the cycle of aggression
• Be familiar with de-escalation techniques
• Be aware of strategies for managing the challenging patient
• Have a basic understanding of the complex nature of thoughts, emotions & behaviours in patients with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
• Have an understanding of access pathways for clinical mental health services