Community consultation for the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health Services commenced last week and are happening throughout April and May.
Mental Health in Gippsland remains a priority for Gippsland Primary Health Network (PHN) with 14.3% of adults report high or very high psychological distress Victoria 12.6%).
Gippsland communities will have an opportunity to talk about their own or other people’s experiences with mental illness at a session taking place in Warragul on 22 May 2019.
The Commissioners will hold three types of community consultation sessions in rural, regional and metropolitan communities. These will include:
- community forums for the public, people living with mental illness, their family members, carers and those with an interest in mental health
- sessions for people living with mental illness, their family members or carers who may prefer to attend a dedicated discussion
- roundtables on local issues
Gippsland PHN encourage you to register your interest in attending on of the above forums by:
- completing this short online form above or
- calling 1800 00 11 34 between 9.00am and 5.00pm (Monday to Friday excluding public holidays).
Further information regarding when and where the sessions will be held can be found here: https://rcvmhs.vic.gov.au/whats-happening-now.