Capacity Tracker for Emergency Response
The Capacity Tracker is a cloud-based, online tool to support general practices, residential aged care facilities (RACF) and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHO) during emergencies.
Capacity Tracker provides real-time data to help Gippsland PHN identify issues early and assess service capacity in Gippsland. It also provides a platform to facilitate the vision of Gippsland PHN in working with primary care to assist in emergencies.
Gippsland PHN is required by the Victorian Government to keep an internal list of primary care providers that may be willing to scale up during an emergency situation and Capacity Tracker will make this process more efficient.
Fast, secure and free, Capacity Tracker monitors the status of a number of areas including staffing levels, PPE supplies and bed capacity. In the future it will be able to monitor immunisation capacity and the many benefits include services being able to flag issues with PPE supplies quickly and easily.
First developed by the North of England Commissioning Support Unit (NECS) and used to manage the flow of patients between NHS hospitals and care homes in the UK, Gippsland PHN is adopting and adapting the system for Gippsland.
Capacity Tracker will enable Gippsland PHN to:
- · Understand service capacity in Gippsland;
- · Facilitate access to primary care providers in emergencies;
- · Provide intelligence on local factors affecting the delivery of primary healthcare;
- · Enable Gippsland PHN to work collaboratively with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the Department of Health (DoH);
- · Maintain an internal list of primary care providers that are willing to scale-up during an emergency event;
- · Support and coordinate local provision of primary care relief services, including vaccination and PPE.
Gippsland PHN is now seeking expressions of interest from regional general practices, RACF and ACCHO in using the platform.
Gippsland PHN is offering $3,000 incentives to General Practices, Respiratory Clinics, Residential Aged Care Facilities and Aboriginal Controlled Health Services to upload their information (on a weekly basis at minimum) into the capacity tracker.
If you would like to lodge an expression of interest please click below.