A key feature of Gippsland PHN will be Clinical Councils and a Community Advisory Committee, ensuring health professionals and community are major contributors to the new organisation. It is integral to Gippsland PHN that general practice, other health professionals as well as the consumer voice and experience of care is centrally involved in planning and advisory decision making about health solutions.
A key component of Gippsland PHN governance is the establishment of a Community Advisory Committee that will provide the community perspective to Gippsland PHN to ensure that decisions, investments, and innovations are patient centred, cost-effective, and locally-relevant and aligned to local care experiences and expectations.
The Community Advisory Committee will report directly to Gippsland PHN, and comprise 10 – 12 community members across the region who represent the perspectives of, and can influence; consumers, carers and/or patient experience of the primary health system in Gippsland.
The Community Advisory Committee is tasked with informing and guiding the development of Gippsland PHN strategy through recommendations to the Gippsland PHN Board by:
- Providing input on sustainable opportunities to improve and integrate health care services for the patient or consumer.
- Engaging with community networks to enable public participation.
- Providing direction and leadership in relation to the integration of consumer, carer and community views into all levels of Gippsland PHN operations, planning and policy development.
- Advocating to the Board on behalf of the community, consumers and carers.
- Advising on population health planning approaches and priorities for investment.
- Providing such other advisory input as the Gippsland PHN Board may request in writing from time to time.
Members of the the Community Advisory Committee for 2017-2018 are:
- Anne Peek, Chair (Board)
- Murray Bruce (Board)
- Duncan Malcolm (Board)
- Marianne Shearer (Executive Sponsor)
- John Lawrence
- Sue Gaffney
- Michael Klein
- Julie Hocking
- Marion Byrne
- Owen Deppeler
- Robyn Profitt
- Patricia Bryce
- Jeanne Van Der Geest Dekker
- Catriona Knothe
Download the Community Advisory Community Factsheet.
Download the August – November 2017 schedule of meetings.