Current Career Opportunities
We are looking for people who are passionate about improving health outcomes for the Gippsland community, can demonstrate high-level relationship building skills, and are enthusiastic about working in, and contributing to, a great team. Download the Gippsland PHN ‘About Us Fact Sheet’.
Gippsland PHN Community Advisory Committee
A key component of Gippsland PHN governance is the establishment of a Community Advisory Committee that will provide the community perspective to Gippsland PHN to ensure that decisions, investments, and innovations are patient-centred, cost-effective, and locally-relevant and aligned to local care experiences and expectations.
The Community Advisory Committee will report directly to Gippsland PHN, and comprise 10 – 12 community members across the region who represent the perspectives of, and can influence; consumers, carers and/or patient experience of the primary health system in Gippsland.
The Community Advisory Committee is tasked with informing and guiding the development of Gippsland PHN strategy through recommendations to the Gippsland PHN Board by:
- Providing input on sustainable opportunities to improve and integrate health care services for the patient or consumer.
- Engaging with community networks to enable public participation.
- Providing direction and leadership in relation to the integration of consumer, carer and community views into all levels of Gippsland PHN operations, planning and policy development.
- Advocating to the Board on behalf of the community, consumers and carers.
- Advising on population health planning approaches and priorities for investment.
- Providing such other advisory input as the Gippsland PHN Board may request in writing from time to time.
The Community Advisory Committee will meet quarterly and additionally as deemed necessary. An annual stipend for meetings attended will be paid to all Community Advisory Committee members.
Expressions of Interest are sought from, and are not limited to, community members who are consumers, carers and/or patient representatives of the primary health system in Gippsland and consumers, carers and/or patients who represent another network, committee and/or group focused on health care.
Community Advisory Committee members will be appointed in the role on a rolling basis. Each member will be allocated to options of 1, 2 or 3 yearly appointments until 30 June 2021.
Expressions of Interest will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- Ability to contribute to the consumers, carer and/or perspective of the primary health system in Gippsland
- Ability to contribute to team processes, assist in decision making and influence change; and
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving health outcomes in Gippsland.
The expression of interest form is located via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CommunityAdvisoryEOI and should be submitted by 24 April 2018.
Full Time 1.0FTE, Fixed term to 30 June 2021, (subject to funding).
Located in Gippsland, this non-clinical full time (1.0FTE) position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of a consistent approach to operationalise the Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Framework to enhance the profile and safeguard the reputation of Gippsland PHN.
The Manager Communications identifies and manages a wide range of communications and engagement strategies and provides timely advice and information to support partnerships; ensuring that stakeholders’ needs and perspectives are understood, communicated and integrated with Gippsland PHN business strategy and program directions.
This role also provides functional supervision and guidance to the Communications Officer.
Our ideal applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent) in communications majoring in communications strategy or similar; and significant relevant experience in report writing, interpreting government policy, and building, coordinating and communicating with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated capacity to prepare high quality written material and to make oral presentations that meet the needs of a wide range of audiences in compelling ways including negotiation and facilitation;
- Demonstrated experience in building and influencing communications partnerships to drive and inform business strategy;
- Demonstrated capacity to plan and coordinate strategic and innovative use of a combination of traditional, online and social media communications channels;
- High level knowledge and experience using technological solutions to deliver improved communication results which are fit for purpose;
- Demonstrated experience and success in working in and contributing to a team environment;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills. Demonstrated capacity to build commitment and to influence and motivate others with credibility, integrity and enthusiasm;
- Demonstrated project, stakeholder, financial, time and issues management skills, including an ability to coordinate complexity and diversity across stakeholders, programs, projects, priorities and demands;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply a wide range of market research and stakeholder relationship principles and associated management tools;
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing procurement procedures and budgets; and
- Experience in the supervision and mentoring of staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must address the key selection criteria found within the Position Description
Applications must include a covering letter, a copy of your resume and your addressed key selection criteria.
Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information in regard to this position, please contact Human Resources on 0439 157 358.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5PM, Monday 23 April 2018.
All enquiries and applications will be handled professionally and with the strictest of confidence.
HealthPathways GP Clinical Editor position – (Fixed term to 30 June 2018)
The aim of the Gippsland HealthPathways, is to assist Gippsland in achieving a more sustainable and integrated health system. Implementing HealthPathways reduces variability in clinical practice, improves quality of care, optimises the use of resources and improves patient outcomes.
- Contribute to an exciting new initiative in Gippsland which will improve the quality, accessibility and efficiency of the patients journey
- Part time position up to 8 hours per week
Gippsland PHN is seeking experienced GPs to work as a GP Clinical Editor in the development of pathways relevant to local regions of Gippsland.
Our ideal applicant will be an experienced, practicing GP with knowledge of the local health care system with existing relationships with key service providers and individuals and be passionate about working collaboratively with others to improve the well-being and health outcomes of the Gippsland Community.
This role involves collaboration with specialists to gather the required clinical information and referral processes and compiling relevant information into a pathway and incorporating feedback from key stakeholders and participating working groups.
For more information about this opportunity see the HealthPathways GP Editor Position description or contact 5126 2899. Applications should include a covering letter, a copy of your CV can be sent to email@example.com